There’s no doubt that the hospitality industry is going through a bit of a digital revolution. Data collection is high on the list, for obvious reasons, but what else can be done with a customer database?
One of the best ways to make a customer database generate extra revenue is with emails. And the primary email we recommend is always the newsletter.
Here’s our top tips to making a fantastic newsletter:
- Consistent branding. Make sure it has the same logo and colours as they appear on your website and any other branded materials. It builds recognition and trust in your digital communications.
- Consistent timing. Sending the newsletter on a specific day of the week or month gives you a schedule to keep to, and regularity will improve the number of customers opening and reading the email.
- Make it visual. Use a mixture of images and short pieces of text to cover a variety of topics. For the layout, think like a newspaper with different columns and sections.
- Give the audience stories, not just offers. Everyone has offers, but your business has it’s own tales to tell. Keep customers interested with topics such as:
- Stories from behind the scenes
- New menu items and their design process.
- New staff members
- The latest news from any charities or local sports teams that you’re involved with.
A quick final note: make sure you have an opted-in list of contacts before sending newsletters.
A regular email newsletter is the gateway to increased customer interaction.
As a routine part of your advertising and marketing it will deliver more repeat bookings and covers as it builds loyalty to your business and keeps you at the front of customers’ minds.
To learn more about emails, newsletters and how they can deliver more revenue, get in touch with one of our team.