There’s always a lot to juggle and prepare with the run-up to Christmas. Luckily, there are many parts in marketing that you can prepare now to have them all ready at hand when needed. We’ve put together a 25-point Christmas marketing checklist to help you stay organised for December across all important topics and channels.
Our Christmas marketing checklist features 4 main areas of your marketing:
Email & SMS Campaigns
- Create new customer segments – ‘Xmas bookers’ and ‘New Years bookers’
- Pre-write your booking reminders for those segments & schedule/automate them
- Prepare some seasonal templates for your promotions and regular newsletter – find some inspiration on Canva
- Plan a sales booster email to fill up any last-minute cancellations
- Get your seasonal greetings to all customers ready
- Send out a special thank you email (& gift) to your most loyal customers
Social Media Resources
- Build your own content calendar for December – there are lots of fun and engaging social media days coming up
- Save some time and use our pre-made content calendar to get you started with ideas
- Show some behind the scenes prepping for the festive season
- Gather competition ideas in the run-up for Xmas – e.g. 12 days of Xmas promotions
- Prepare a list of festive hashtags to copy/paste where needed
- Create your branded Xmas and New Year greetings posts
- Schedule your posts well in advance
- Make a note in your diary to take some pics of your venue during the Xmas period
- Don’t forget to re-share customer posts in your stories
- Update your accounts with some festive banners/profile pictures and frames
Gift Cards Sales
- Run your gift card promotions across all your marketing channels
- Plan in regular reminders about your gift card offers & redemptions
- Go for a special promotion (e.g. bonus voucher, discounted cards) in the week before Christmas to attract last-minute shoppers
- Think about a gift card Black Friday deal (26th Nov)
- Send out a staff email with key updates/information – winter booking policies, cancellation policies, upcoming events, special menu, etc.
- Start planning your rota for the holiday week
- Plan in temporary staff
- Have a contingency plan ready – staff isolation, sickness…
- Get your staff involved in your socials – account takeover
And don’t forget to check out our recent blog post, featuring ideas on how you can deck your digital assets in time for the holiday season.
Need a hand with promoting your festive season offerings via email and SMS? Get in touch with one of our team. We also have some festive templates available for you.