- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These are the Terms and Conditions for Stampede AI Ltd (trading as Stampede), a company incorporated in Scotland (registered number SC503985) with registered office at 1 Constitution Street, Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH6 7BS (“Stampede”) in relation to its Stampede service.
- These Terms and Conditions together with the Services Confirmation form the agreement between Stampede and the Customer for the Services (“Agreement”).
- Definitions used in the Services Confirmation will have the same meaning when used in these Terms and Conditions.
- The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions.
Business Day: any day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in the UK.
Confidential Information: information that is proprietary or confidential and is either clearly labelled as such or which ought reasonably to be treated as confidential.
Customer: means the business customer as described in the Services Confirmation who subscribes to the Services.
Customer Data: the data inputted by the Customer or the End-User for the purpose of using the Services.
Documentation: the documents made available to the Customer by Stampede (including by online means) which sets out a description of the Services and the user instructions for the Services.
Data Protection Legislation: means all laws that relate to data protection, privacy, the use of information relating to individuals, and or the information rights of individuals including, without limitation, the DPA, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, the Telecommunications (lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000, Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, any Laws in force from time to time in any relevant jurisdiction which implements the Data Protection Directive 1995/46/EC on the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679)), and all and any regulations made under those acts or regulations all applicable formal or informal guidance, rules, requirements, directions, guidelines, recommendations, advice, codes of practice, policies, measures or publications of the Information Commissioner’s Office, other relevant regulator, and or relevant industry body, in each case in any relevant jurisdiction(s) from time to time and the equivalent in any other relevant jurisdictions all as amended or replaced from time to time.
DPA: means the Data Protection Act 1998, and related subordinate legislation including GDPR, as may be amended, updated or re-enacted from time to time
Effective Date: the date on which the Customer accepts these Terms and Conditions online.
End-User: means third parties to whom the Customer makes the Services available through the Website.
Normal Business Hours: 8.00 am to 6.00 pm local UK time, each Business Day.
SaaS: Software as a service
Services: the services provided by Stampede to the Customer under this Agreement via the Website.
Services Confirmation means the transaction page at https://connect.Stampede.ai containing details of Subscription Fees and where these Terms and Conditions are accepted.
Service Level: means the service level at which the Services are provided to the Customer as specified in the Services Confirmation.
Software: the online software applications provided by Stampede as part of the Services.
Subscription Fees: the monthly subscription fees payable by the Customer to Stampede under this Agreement.
Subscription Term: has the meaning given in clause 14.1.
Support Services Policy: Stampede’s policy for providing support in relation to the Services as notified to the Customer from time to time.
Website: the website at http://Stampede.ai or any other website notified to the Customer by Stampede from time to time.
- RIGHT OF USE
- Stampede grants to the Customer from the Effective Date a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Services during the Subscription Term in accordance with this Agreement.
- The Customer shall not access, store, distribute or transmit any computer viruses, or any material during the course of its use of the Services that:
- 3.2.1.is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive;
- 3.2.2.facilitates illegal activity; or
- 3.2.3.in a manner that is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property;
and Stampede reserves the right, without liability or prejudice to its other rights to the Customer, to disable the Customer’s access to any material that breaches the provisions of this clause.
- The Customer shall not (except to the extent expressly permitted under this Agreement), attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Software and/or Documentation (as applicable) in any form or media or by any means; or
- 3.3.1.attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Software; or
- 3.3.2.access all or any part of the Services and Documentation in order to build a product or service which competes with the Services and/or the Documentation; or
- 3.3.3.use the Services and/or Documentation to provide services to third parties; or
- 3.3.4.subject to clause 16.4, license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the Services and/or Documentation available to any third party, or
- 3.3.5.attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Services and/or Documentation, other than as provided under this clause 3.
- The Customer shall keep all password and log-in details used in the relation to the Services secure, and shall use all reasonable endeavours to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, the Services and/or the Documentation and, in the event of any such unauthorised access or use, promptly notify Stampede.
- The rights provided under this clause 3 are granted to the Customer only and shall not be considered granted to any subsidiary or holding company of the Customer.
- Stampede shall, during the Subscription Term, provide the Services at the applicable Service Level and make available the Documentation to the Customer on and subject to the terms of this Agreement.
- Stampede shall use commercially reasonable endeavours to make the Services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except for:
- 4.2.1.planned maintenance carried out during the agreed maintenance windows; and
- 4.2.2.unscheduled maintenance performed outside Normal Business Hours, provided that Stampede has used reasonable endeavours to give the Customer at least  Normal Business Hours’ notice in advance.
- Stampede will, as part of the Services and at no additional cost to the Customer, provide the Customer with Stampede’ standard customer support services during Normal Business Hours in accordance with Stampede’ Support Services Policy in effect at the time that the Services are provided. Stampede may amend its Support Services Policy in its sole and absolute discretion from time to time.
- CUSTOMER DATA
- The Customer shall have sole responsibility for the legality, reliability, integrity, accuracy and quality of the Customer Data.
- Stampede shall have the right to:
- 6.2.1.perform statistical analysis of the Customer Data for the creation of anonymised statistical data and such anonymised data shall belong to Stampede and may be licensed to third parties; and
- 6.2.2.otherwise process the Customer Data subject to obtaining End-User explicit consent to such processing.
- The parties shall comply at all times with the Data Protection Legislation and shall not perform their obligations under this Agreement in such a way as to cause either party to breach any of its obligations under the Data Protection Legislation. The Customer shall immediately notify Stampede in the event that it becomes aware of any breach of the Data Protection Legislation by the Customer.
- In the event of any loss or damage to Customer Data, the Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be for Stampede to use reasonable commercial endeavours to restore the lost or damaged Customer Data from the latest back-up under Stampede’s archiving procedure. Stampede shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or disclosure of Customer Data caused by any third party.
- CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS
- The Customer shall provide Stampede with all necessary co-operation in relation to this Agreement and all necessary access to such information as may be required by Stampede in order to provide the Services, including but not limited to Customer Data, security access information and configuration services.
- The Customer shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to its activities under this Agreement and shall carry out all other Customer responsibilities set out in this Agreement in a timely and efficient manner.
- The Customer shall obtain and shall maintain all necessary licences, consents, and permissions necessary to enable it to receive the Services from Stampede.
- The Customer shall ensure that its network and systems comply with any relevant specifications provided by Stampede from time to time and be solely responsible for procuring and maintaining its network and internet connections.
- Stampede OBLIGATIONS
- Stampede undertakes that the Services will be performed substantially in accordance with the Documentation and with reasonable skill and care.
- The undertaking at clause 8.1 shall not apply to the extent of any non-conformance which is caused by use of the Services contrary to Stampede’ instructions, or modification or alteration of the Services by any party other than Stampede or Stampede’s duly authorised contractors or agents. If the Services do not conform with this undertaking, Stampede will, at its expense, use all reasonable commercial endeavours to correct any such non-conformance promptly, or provide the Customer with an alternative means of accomplishing the desired performance. Such correction or substitution constitutes the Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the undertaking set out in clause 8.1. Notwithstanding this, Stampede:
- 8.2.1.does not warrant that the Customer’s use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free; or that the Services, Documentation and/or the information obtained by the Customer through the Services will meet the Customer’s requirements; and
- 8.2.2.is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet, and the Customer acknowledges that the Services and Documentation may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities.
- This Agreement shall not prevent Stampede from entering into similar agreements with third parties, or from independently developing, using, selling or licensing documentation, products and/or services which are similar to those provided under this Agreement.
- Stampede warrants that it has and will maintain all necessary licences, consents, and permissions necessary for the performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
- RIGHTS IN THE SERVICES
- All intellectual property rights in the Services are owned by or validly licensed to Stampede.
- Software and Documentation provided in relation to the Services are provided solely in relation to the Customer’s use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement and are not provided, or to be used, for any other purpose.
- The Customer shall pay the Subscription Fees to Stampede in accordance with this clause 10.
- The Customer shall provide to Stampede valid, up-to-date and complete credit card details or approved purchase order information acceptable to Stampede and any other relevant valid, up-to-date and complete contact and billing details.
- The Customer shall pay each invoice issued by Stampede monthly in advance and within 7 days after the date of such invoice. If Stampede has not received payment within this period, and without prejudice to any other rights and remedies of Stampede:
- 10.3.1.Stampede may, without liability to the Customer, disable the Customer’s password, account and access to all or part of the Services and Stampede shall be under no obligation to provide any or all of the Services while the invoice(s) concerned remain unpaid; and
- 10.3.2.interest shall accrue on such due amounts at an annual rate equal to 3% over the then current base lending rate of Royal Bank of Scotland at the date the relevant invoice was issued, commencing on the due date and continuing until fully paid, whether before or after judgment.
- All amounts and fees stated or referred to in this Agreement shall be payable in pounds sterling, are non-cancellable and non-refundable, and are exclusive of value added tax, which shall be added to Stampede’ invoice(s) at the appropriate rate.
- Stampede shall be entitled to increase the Subscription Fees upon 90 days’ prior notice to the Customer, but not more than once during any 12-month period during the Agreement.
- Each party (Receiving Party) shall keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, inventions, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed to the Receiving Party by the other party (Disclosing Party), its employees, agents or subcontractors, and any other confidential information concerning the Disclosing Party’s business or its products or its services which the Receiving Party may obtain.
- The Receiving Party shall restrict disclosure of such confidential information to such of its employees, agents or subcontractors as need to know it for the purpose of discharging the Receiving Party’s obligations under the Agreement, and shall ensure that such employees, agents or subcontractors are subject to obligations of confidentiality corresponding to those which bind the Receiving Party. This clause “Confidentiality” shall survive termination of the Agreement.
- Notwithstanding the terms of clause 11.1 and 11.2 above, Stampede shall be entitled to reference the Customer as being a customer of Stampede in relation to its marketing activities.
- The Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Stampede against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with the Customer’s use of the Services and/or Documentation including but not limited to the Customer’s breach of the Data Protection Legislation.
- Stampede shall defend the Customer, its officers, directors and employees against any claim that the Services or Documentation infringes any United Kingdom patent effective as of the Effective Date, copyright, trade mark, database right or right of confidentiality, and shall indemnify the Customer for any amounts awarded against the Customer in judgment or settlement of such claims, provided that:
- 12.2.1.Stampede is given prompt notice of any such claim;
- 12.2.2.the Customer provides reasonable co-operation to Stampede in the defence and settlement of such claim, at Stampede’s expense; and
- 12.2.3.Stampede is given sole authority to defend or settle the claim.
- In the defence or settlement of any claim, Stampede may procure the right for the Customer to continue using the Services, replace or modify the Services so that they become non-infringing or, if such remedies are not reasonably available, terminate this Agreement on 2 Business Days’ notice to the Customer without any additional liability or obligation to pay liquidated damages or other additional costs to the Customer.
- In no event shall Stampede, its employees, agents and sub-contractors be liable to the Customer to the extent that the alleged infringement is based on:
- 12.4.1.a modification of the Services or Documentation by anyone other than Stampede; or
- 12.4.2.the Customer’s use of the Services or Documentation in a manner contrary to the instructions given to the Customer by Stampede; or
- 12.4.3.the Customer’s use of the Services or Documentation after notice of the alleged or actual infringement from Stampede or any appropriate authority.
- The foregoing and clause 13 state the Customer’s sole and exclusive rights and remedies, and Stampede’ entire obligations and liability, for infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, database right or right of confidentiality.
- This clause 13 sets out the entire financial liability of Stampede (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors) to the Customer in respect of:
- 13.1.1.any breach of the Agreement however arising;
- 13.1.2.any use made by the Customer of the Services; and
- 13.1.3.any representation, statement or delictual act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with the Agreement.
- Except as expressly and specifically provided in this Agreement:
- 13.2.1.Stampede shall have no liability for any damage caused by errors or omissions in any information, instructions or scripts provided to Stampede by the Customer in connection with the Services, or any actions taken by Stampede at the Customer’s direction;
- 13.2.2.all warranties, representations, conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, excluded from this Agreement; and
- 13.2.3.the Services and the Documentation are provided to the Customer on an “as is” basis.
- Nothing in these Terms seeks to exclude Stampede’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. However, beyond that Stampede excludes all other liability to the extent permitted at law.
- Subject to clause 13.3, in no event shall Stampede be liable for any loss of business, loss of profit, loss or corruption of data or for any indirect or consequential loss and Stampede’s total aggregate liability arising under the Agreement or otherwise relating to the Services shall be limited to an amount equal to £1000
- This clause 13 sets out the entire financial liability of Stampede (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors) to the Customer in respect of:
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- The Agreement will be for an initial period of one month (unless otherwise agreed between the parties) and continue thereafter (the “Subscription Term”) until either party gives 30 days written notice to the other party to terminate or unless the Agreement is otherwise terminated under the remaining provisions of this clause 14.
- Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies to which the parties may be entitled, either party may terminate this Agreement without liability to the other if:
- 14.2.1.the other party commits a material breach of any of the terms of this Agreement and (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 30 days of that party being notified in writing of the breach; or
- 14.2.2.the other party is insolvent within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986; or
- 14.2.3.the other party ceases, or threatens to cease, to trade.
- On termination of this Agreement for any reason:
- 14.3.1.all licences granted under this Agreement shall immediately terminate;
- 14.3.2.each party shall return and make no further use of any equipment, property, Documentation and other items (and all copies of them) belonging to the other party; and
- 14.3.3.the accrued rights of the parties as at termination, or the continuation after termination of any provision expressly stated to survive or implicitly surviving termination, shall not be affected or prejudiced.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- In the event the parties are unable to resolve a dispute between them arising out of or relating to the Agreement, and except for claims for interdict or other similar relief, the parties will attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution Model Mediation Procedure. Unless otherwise agreed between the Parties, the mediator will be nominated by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution and the mediation will take place in Scotland. The mediation agreement referred to in the Model Procedure shall be governed by Scots law.
- If the dispute is not settled by mediation within 10 days of commencement of the mediation or within such further period as the parties may agree in writing, the parties shall be free to seek to resolve the dispute by such other means subject always to clause 17.
- If Stampede chooses to waive any particular right, it has under the Agreement on any particular occasion this does not prevent it from exercising that right on another occasion.
- If any part of the Agreement is held by a court of law (or similar forum) to be invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of the Agreement.
- No variation of this Agreement shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties (or their authorised representatives).
- Stampede shall have no liability to the Customer under this Agreement if it is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under this Agreement, or from carrying on its business, by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control.
- The Customer is not entitled to transfer or assign its rights and obligations under the Agreement to anyone else without Stampede’s prior written permission.
- Nothing in the Agreement is intended to, or shall operate to, create a partnership between the parties, or to authorise either party to act as agent for the other, and neither party shall have authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way (including the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and the exercise of any right or power).
- All notices required or permitted under the Agreement will be in writing, which shall include email. Any notice shall be deemed to have been duly received:
- 16.7.1.if delivered personally, when left at the address and for the contact provided by the receiving party;
- 16.7.2.if sent by pre-paid first-class post or recorded delivery, at 9.00 am on the second business day after posting;
- 16.7.3.if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed; and
- 16.7.4.if sent by email, at the time of transmission if no failed delivery message is received by the sender.
- The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The Agreement, including the Services Confirmation referencing these Terms and Conditions, constitutes the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between Customer and Stampede regarding its subject matter and supersedes all prior or other agreements or understandings, written or oral, relating to its subject matter (including any proposal Stampede may have issued to the Customer). Each party acknowledges that, in entering into the Agreement it does not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether it was made negligently or innocently) of any person (whether a party to the Agreement or not) other than as expressly set out in the Agreement.
- If there are any disputes arising out of use of the Service or relating to the Agreement, then these will be governed by the laws of Scotland. If either party requires to raise court proceedings in relation to any such dispute, then the courts of Scotland shall have jurisdiction under this Agreement in relation to those proceedings.